Tuesday 13 July 2010

Media Watch: "One in 5 Britons will be ethnics"


The front page of today’s Daily Express warns that “One in 5 Britons will be ethnics” by the middle of the century. But the Cambridge dictionary defines ethnic as “a person belonging to an ethnic group”. So what does that make the rest of the population? Will they be some sort of highly-evolved superhuman hybrid that transcends all known ethnicity? Or are the Express just being racist? I think five out of five Britons know the answer...

2 comments:

Pete @ Eyes on Power said...

Um, is this a joke? Have you photoshopped this? I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the Express today.

By the way I have no ethnicity. My genes are equally derived from every discernible ethnicity in the world leaving me with no overall ethnic origin. I have also spent equal amounts of time in every nation state.

Ironically being the only person like this I am the smallest minority on the planet.

Dan @ Eyes on Power said...

And that's why the Daily Mail and Express ran that hate campaign against you...

Post a Comment